Because a new “World of Warcraft” game alone isn’t enough, Blizzard Entertainment announced plans for a Collector’s Edition for their third expansion, “World of Warcraft: Cataclysm.”
“World of Warcraft” is the most popular subscription-based massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) in the world with over 11 million subscriptions to play WoW. The first two “World of Warcraft” expansions, “The Burning Crusade” and “Wrath of the Lich King”, each shattered PC game sales records when they were released.
This new expansion will feature two new playable races – worgen and goblins – as well as a new level cap of 85. Players will find that Azeroth has changed and been reshaped by the Cataclysm, offering new adventures and challenges leading up to a battle with the Dragon Aspect Deathwing.
The special Collector’s Edition package, which will only be available at retail stores, will include the following exclusive bonus items in addition to the game disc:
- Art of the Cataclysm art book, featuring 176 pages of never-before-seen images from the archives of the Blizzard cinematics department and the World of Warcraft development team, as well as progressive visuals from multiple stages of development.
- Exclusive in-game pet: Lil’ Deathwing will proudly accompany heroes on their struggle to save Azeroth from his much, much larger counterpart.
- Behind-the-scenes DVD with over an hour of developer interviews and commentaries, as well as a special retrospective examining the rich gaming history of the Warcraft universe.
- Soundtrack featuring 10 epic new tracks from Cataclysm, including exclusive bonus tracks.
- Special-edition mouse pad depicting Deathwing menacing the ravaged continents of Azeroth.
- World of Warcraft Trading Card Game cards, including a 60-card starter deck from the Wrathgate series, two extended-art cards, and two Collector’s Edition-exclusive hero cards, marking the first appearance of goblin and worgen heroes in the TCG.